Sunday, February 23, 2014

Airbrush!

And some more progress on the Dire Avengers.


Although I brought two Wave Serpents with me, I only got to start on the basecoat for my Crimson Hunter. I actually started with them, but I was using the airbrush paint that i got when I bought the kit originally. After I had finished basecoating one of the serpents and got half-way through the next, I noticed that the gloss from the paint being wet never went away, and then came to realize that the paint that I had was, fact, gloss paint. I got the majority of it off the tanks when I got home.

I did bring some of my normal paints with me too, and I diluted it and painted the Crimson Hunter because it didn't get painted with gloss paint. I'm pretty grateful at this point I chose to paint the flyer in accordance with its shrine colors rather than my Craftworld colors. Next week I'll continue playing with it a little.


The Dire Avengers saw a little progress this week too. I spent a lot of time on the white, but I also painted all the gems black and did some lining on a couple of the models. Hoping to do most of the rest of the work over the next week, but we'll see how overly-optimistic that goal is.

Alright, that's all for this week. Tune in next time for more progress. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment